I am pleased to announce the new release of Rdiffweb made available on April 23, 2020.
This minor releases fixes issues found while testing release 1.3.0.
- Fix lookup of executable rdiff-backup and rdiffweb-restore to search in current virtualenv.
- Fix repository view when multiple repo paths are conflicting.
- Fix logging of rdiffweb-restore subprocess.
This minor release enforces security of the password stored in rdiffweb database to make use of a better encryption using SSHA.
Only new passwords will make use of the SSHA scheme.
- Enforce password encryption by using SSHA scheme #88.
This release focuses on improving the restoration of big archives including multiple files. The download should be much faster to start. Major enhancements were made to offload the processing outside the web server. And all of this is still compatible with rdiff-backup v1.2.8 and the latest rdiff-backup v2.0.0.
- Restore file and folder in a subprocess to make the download start faster.
- Fix encoding of archive on Python3.6 (CentOS 7) by using PAX format.
- Add support to restore files and folders using rdiff-backup2.
- Remove obsolete dependencies `pysqlite2`.
- Fix issue creating duplicate entries of repository in the database.